Saturday, February 27, 2010

Elliott Yamin in Chile During Earthquake




'American Idol' finalist Elliott Yamin was reportedly in Chile at the time of this morning's 8.8-magnitude earthquake.

Yamin -- who finished in third place on the Fox reality series -- was in the country for the ViƱa del Mar International Song Festival, and used Twitter to capture his entire experience, according to USA Today.

"Huge earthquake just now in Chile!!....I swear I thought this was the end of my life!!!!!" he tweeted.

"Complete and utter chaos on the streets...no power...," he continued. "my heart is beatin outta my chest!....tsunami warnin...I am only a mile inland!"

Yamin later spoke to a number of morning news programs, including 'Good Morning America,' 'Today' and CNN.

"The building was swaying back and forth, as was my room," Yamin -- who was in his hotel at the time of the earthquake -- told CNN. "Things were starting to fall off of the wall. The lights were starting to flicker on and off, and then that swaying very abruptly turned into ... a very violent shake."

"I just feel very lucky to have sought out safety," he added.

In other tweets, Yamin said that his medical condition is now becoming a major concern. "Imma Type 1 diabetic, and was sppsd 2 leave sunday.I only packed enuf insulin pump supplies 2 last til then....airports r closed!" he wrote.

SOURCE

No comments:

Post a Comment